Go therefore

Thursday, March 6, 2014

THE NEW SANCTUARY (Part 1)

The New Sanctuary (Part 1)
THE BEGINNING
4 years now, God had told us that the entire number 5 (where our Church is) will be in the hands of the Church. Its a matter or timing and preparations. This will be my attempt to document and record every testimony and story to inspire you too as you dream God's dreams for you.

It took me awhile to calm my excitement as I knew in my spirit what God wants to do. The thing with God is , He works in His timing and not ours. It was early 2013, that God begin to get me excited again about it. It started with a prompting and a dream and the financial blessing that came so wonderfully.

However after sharing God's leading and word to me, a few of my precious leaders felt they were not ready. God then spoke to me about David and Goliath. Saul and the might men of Israel had weapons but could not face Goliath. David had nothing but a slingshot and 5 stones..in the might of God overcame Goliath. God would not use what we know or how we know stuff..He will take down Goliaths for us, He just likes us to be part of the process that's all while He does the hardwork and all of it. So I decided to wait on God further. The number 5 is so powerful as today writing this blog, that number speaks of what this year is for us..God's Amazing Grace. With God's empowerment,we will walk through and overcome.

Sometimes God allows us to become uncomfortable only then we cry out for change. It was end of 2013 and much into the early parts of 2014, the tenant below us started setting up his cooking stations right at our door. Even his dustbins were outside our door. So we started praying for God to deliver us from this. Initially, I got angry but I felt NO..respond in kindness. So I told the tenant below us..when we are not around its ok. But late February, we receive call from our landlord, telling us the unit below us is available...he would like us to have it. He had it with all the other tenants. Hilariously, at the last minute the tenant told the landlord, he wanted to continue. I was like don't know to laugh or what. But prayed, and God just told me ..within a week we will have it. One of my key people concurred with this leading too.

So after discussion with my leaders...I was stunned..THEY who were not ready were the ones wanting to take it. Amazing how God changed the heart of people ..Its all about timing..His Timing..not mine.This time I was not eager..I tot lets fill up the space we have first.

But after prayer, God spoke to me 3 times. 

1. The video at cell group - God said to me He spoke to me before (referring to a dream in 2013) I did not understand..but now also I do not understand but must obey.

2. This is to get us out of our comfort zones.

3. For the harvest that is rushing in.

Two sisters shared two other points of view...

1. Visibility and advertisement year....when I prayed about this ..God developed this even more. Visibility is not for man to be seen. Because when man is seen in God's space, he becomes open to attacks and he robs God's glory. I realised no wonder we see so many Christian leaders falling in our generation or in courts. We must never exalt man but God always. However, God also revealed to me that fear keeps us inside and unseen or unheard. Sometimes we can be so intimidated by our surroundings that we dare not step-up and preach the gospel...Visibility is more than advertisement ..its about preaching God's word and seeing souls saved for His glory !

2. The Battle belongs to the Lord - This precious aunty shared so passionately what God spoke to her. That if God wants us to have it..we just obey no need to question this and that. 

Now the dream that God gave me in 2013..He reminded me of it again here.

In that dream, God showed me one of our neighbors who runs an economy rice stall next to us was closing down. He said its time to cook for myself. I did not understand it. After cooking for myself, I walked back to our church. Funnily I did not walk upstairs but went to the ground floor unit. And the hall was packed from the front to the back with people worshipping God. I saw no children..so I knew they were upstairs. 

God in this dream was reminding me to be ready and expectant.

Another time God spoke was on Saturday (1/3/14) while I was praying in the service. God just showed me and put in my mouth to say the river of God that flows is now flowing downwards and into the streets..God again confirm it.

So I know and believe we are moving along with God now.

In the meantime..lets continually draw near to God. He will draw near to us and lift us up.

Greater to Greatest of God is on the way. 

Check out Part 2 HERE...

6/3/14
Stay Blessed
Edwin Koh Boon Leng

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS