Go therefore

Saturday, September 3, 2011

You Can Believe

YOu CAn Believe


Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” (Mark 9:23)

Yesterday (2/9/11), as I was cooking dinner for my family, God said something to me. He said, "just because something troubles me today, we must never forget what God has done yesterday and what He will do tomorrow". In fact God is the God of today too and it is in days like this who we are really are shows its true colors. 
I was at a Benny Hinn Crusade in Adelaide many years ago. Was a new Christian then. First time attending a miracle crusade. I was of course sceptical but wanting to believe. As I was witnessing the miracles, I was struggling to accept it as genuine. There God said something to me. He said whether I believe or not its up to me.
I decided that I want to believe. It was in 1997, that I had a terrible splitting headache and realised the left side of my face was swollen. I could not sleep as the pain was unbearable. So I got up, to watch TV. It was some Christian program with Marilyn HIckey on it. She was testifying that she was needing to preach that evening but she has a cold and her throat was troubling her. So she prayed every hour for God to heal her..and God did heal her.
So, I was in pain..I had nothing to lose. So I talked to God..I said to Him, I was going to pray like that ..every hour I will ask God to heal me..until He healed me. I did that for the whole of the next day. Pain the entire day, went to the dentist that morning. The dentist told me it was sinus infections and that if it did not get better, I may have to get tests done.
So went back home and kept on praying. That evening, I read Psalms 103 and as I begin to worship God...I remember the song I sang.."No other name but the name of Jesus"...God told me to put my left hand on my cheeks. That's what I did.. The moment I did that, a very warm sensation filled my entire body ! Then I realised the pain had stopped. I knew that I was ok. 
It was the following day, that when I was blowing my nose...the inflamation came out totally. 
Jesus healed me ! Of course that was not the only miracle I've received. Till today, God always shows Himself strong . As David declared to Goliath in 1 Sam 17:46  
"This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand,..."
The lady with the issue of blood said, if only I can touch the hem of His garment, I will be healed ! 
Nothing is ever impossible to them that believe in Jesus..Jesus is not your means to the miracle..He is the miracle. He is our more than enough !
To people that are sceptical, don't remain sceptical all your life and miss out on life. What a waste to never try and see if all Jesus is true or not. I tasted, and now I believe ! today I serve my Lord with my life ! No regrets ! 

Luv Edwin Koh Boon Leng (3/9/11)


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS