Go therefore

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Families..and blessing or a mindfield ?

FAMILIES..Blessing or Mindfield ?
Together with my two boys, my wife and I have been living with my parents for the past 6-7 years. 

When God spoke to us late in 2003 to step out of our ministry responsibilities then with Calvary Charismatic Centre(now is Calvary City Church), God spoke to us to sell off everything and just follow Him. So we sold off our car and move out of our rented house and move back into my parents home. Few months later after moving back home, Caroline gave birth to Jeremy in April of 2004. Joel, came 4 years later in 2008.
I would say staying back home with my wife and sons was a blessing indeed but at times can be a mindfield that kept on exploding in our faces.

I realise today, I have no one to blame but the decisions I have made that brought us through this path. 

For my wife and I, we obeyed God to plant Word of Life and to trust Him for all of our life. So we have been living by faith alone. Many have asked me if I shud get a job. Sure I did ask God, and I did try starting businesses..however many times the "businesses" failed terribly. How can I disobey GOd when He spoke to revealed 3 times that my WORK is to work out the Church. He will take care of us. So I obey and God has been blessing us tremendously.

I found out later in the years that my parents has been paying the instalments of my car and helping me out with milk powder for my children. Example, when my dad was still working in his clinic, they used to get free supply of milk powder from agents. So we had free milk powder for our babies for a long time. All this have come without me asking. Of course there were times when I panicked and I did ask for help..but only handful of times.

God showed me that while I have this favour, I need to work hard to work out the Church. In the past few years, ministry was tough..I nearly died being electrocuted. Church member wanted to sue me because she was not happy that I always teach about tithing and offering during our offering time in church. Of late, in rebuilding the church, finances was a challenge. I realise the enemy likes to kick you when you are down at out. However we never lost faith because Jesus kept revealing Himself to us and kept us in Him through the thick and thin. It was this year, that the church suddenly turn the corner. Today, God has blessed us with the support of another church and great friends in the ministry. God is indeed working things out for our good and for His glory.

In all this while, my wife and I knew that God was going to give us a house of our own one day. This was a subject that turn heaven into hell for us many times. We've decided to never move in offense but in peace. My wife has really paid the price living at "home". But we've both have worked hard to grow closer to my parents. However, without much of an income..especially when things got difficult, we realised we were slowly becoming a burden. Many times I've asked God to bless through others but not my parents. They don't understand what faith is..and I don't want them to lose their salvation.

In the past, I did not want to move out yet also because, I saw my parents were lonely and that the grandchildren added to their joy each day. I told my mom a long time ago, that I will take care of them. They don't have to include me in their will..I don't need that..I don't want to fight with my siblings even though their comments are so harsh at times. What to do..being the youngest has its benefits and difficulties too. 

It is recently, we've decided to move out. As of writing this blog post, we are actively praying and looking for the house GOd is giving to us. Things are improving for us in big steps..thank God.

In all of this I learned a big lesson.

1. Don't live at the mercy of others.

2. Obey God early, and try to not be moved by circumstances.

3. Work out your faith so that God will release blessings overflowing to you.

4. When you live with others, open your hearts to give in all the time.

5. Others will not understand. So don't bother about others.

6. Sort out your finances early.

7. Listen to your wife.

Luv Edwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS