Go therefore

Thursday, February 27, 2014

THE DAY GOD GAVE US A CAR

The Day God Gave Us A Car And Then ...ANOTHER

It was late in 2012, that we had to return a car loaned to us for 5-6 months. At that time, we were
really struggling like crazy with all kinds of pressures and limitations.However, my wife and I determined in Jesus to never give-up going forward in pioneering Word of Life and going forward in our lives. We never let set-backs and lack of alot of stuff stop us from serving God and helping people. After all our hearts cry to God in our lives is basically to just be a blessing to people. God helped us to be thankful and appreciative in everything through it all. It was not easy and still not but when God moved to give us our own car for free, it was the start of greater things in Him.

Before this we relied on my parent's car and whatever came our way in free rides and public
transport. We learned that it was easier to get to Singapore from our Church then to go down to town. We rode the bus with our boys who often fell asleep in the journey and we wondered how to wake them up as the bus reached the bus stop ! Memories..precious ones.

The Proton Tiara came to us end of 2012. It was late in 2012 that Aunty Cheang, a member of my church asked us if we would like this car. The car belonged to her relative but it was located 300 plus kilometres in Kuala Lumpur. She said if we want it she would do it all up and pay for everything. All we need to do is drive it down. 

Initially I was not excited as this model of car has a bad reputation. But it beats walking. So I prayed and ask Jesus, what He thought about it? and should I take it ? God gave me peace about it. So it was in January 2013, that my wife and I drove the car down to Johor Bahru.

Its been over a year now. That car will always be a important marker in our lives where things improved tremendously for us and in the ministry too. This car reminded me also especially on numerous times when the brakes went to the floor, God was all I have to stop the car !!! LOL...Or the times when I pumped petrol into the gas tank, gas flowed out from everywhere ! ..or the time the car just gave-up on the road LOL...God still wanted us alive ! hahahaha

Its reliability improved over numerous repairs and tender loving care. When taken care off well, it drove nice. When had to do emergency brake, the whole care was shrouded with a smoke screen from the screeching wheel ! Hilarious moments for my wife and kids !. This car however, reminded us of how much God loves us and there are good people like this Aunty still serving Him and caring for others. God did more than just gave us wheels...He helped us to love again.

When it came to part with it recently, God put it in our heart to bless a sister who is also serving Him. I asked God how much should I do to the car for this blessing. God told me to give it as how I would love to receive. So we spared no cost in repairing and making it ready for the next owner. Transfer of ownership, inspections for new ownership costs was borned by us. God also put it in our hearts to give for free ! .

When it was time to drive it up to KL, God gave me a dream of a salmon fish swimming against the currents to return to its birth place. Usually the salmon fish will then lay numerous eggs ...new life before dying. So we knew this car, God is going to use it to bring great blessings to the new owner and much more. In giving God thought us that yes it costs us and painful it was...but the joy of knowing greater good will come out of this was peace in our hearts. 

I tell you, in 2013, God blesses us with another car..without cost to us..A complete blessing !

God Is too GOOD !!!Jesus is too awesome ! If He can do it for us..He can do it for you..JUST BELIEVE !

26/2/14
Luv Edwin Koh Boon Leng

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS