Go therefore

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Why Do I Still Need To Ask ?


WHY DO I STILL NEED TO ASK ?

Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. (Mt 6:8)

I used to struggle alot in prayer because I used to worry soooo much. I would think why God made prayer so difficult that I have to mention every single item in random that I need His help?
It used to wear me out. Not God but Christian demands and methods. 

Thank God, He has brought me into His rest..Jesus is my rest. He is my righteousness. Many many times in my life, He has brought much blessings and breakthroughs and stuff into my life...even without me asking. 

So many times He has led me to places and to people to enjoy till my hearts delight. I've come to realised, my daddy God knows my every single desire in my heart. He is Father isn't He.
 
So in the verse above it starts off by telling us to ,"DO NOT BE LIKE THEM..." Scripture is not words on a page by living and breathing revealing God with every single breathe. Scriptures are spirit and life.  So when Jesus tells us to not be like them ? We need to read the verses before this. To not be like them...them refers to the people who pray pray pray for all the wrong reasons with all the wrong attitudes.

Here Jesus tells us, the one you are talking with is PAPA in heaven. Papa knows what you need even before you ask him..PAPA KNOWS ! 

Rest in Him friends.

Luv Edwin Koh
11/10/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS