Go therefore

Friday, June 8, 2012

2 Years Ago...

2 Years Ago...

We have been on the pioneering and pastoring for the past 10 years. All I can say is, its all Jesus, past, present and future. 

2 years ago (2011), we wanted to give-up church planting, walk away from Johor Bahru and said to God take us anywhere else except JB. We were ready to leave it all behind and go. Why ? Church planting and pastoring without following Jesus through and through was like walking in hell on earth. We had no idea how to deal with all the complexities not of ministries but people and the issues they bring with them.

I admit I made mistakes in decisions and had no patience in waiting on God and allowing Him into the lead and control of it all. Had no wisdom in dealing with people and managing my own reactions and how deep I allowed hurts to go deep. People also said having the wrong people makes it harder to build any church...but today whatever you say, Church is about people..and people as people are ...just like me...imperfect. Today I say to my family at Word of Life, we re a Church of equals..everyone has a past, and imperfect it was..today all of us stand before God, because of what Jesus has done and His blood that was shed for us.

It was that time...2 years ago, God asked me this..."Do you still want to do this ?". I knew in my heart, the pain and hurts were so real, but the call was still there..but how ?..However, I said Yes Lord. That was the moment, God miraculously lifted the "daggers" in my heart. He then said this..."Now, do it MY way, no longer your way."

This time, we've learnt to wait and not rush ahead. We've learn to let Jesus walk us through it all. The only thing we do alot is ...PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY ! Why not ! ...nothing else worked in the past...handing out flyers, cell groups, and all kinds all kinds of programs..nothing worked..so instead of trying so hard..put all the strength and effort in what works the most...in PRAYER ! Instead of trying to be god...Let God be God !

Today, Jesus is truly the one that builds this Church. We don't have cell groups or any other meetings..The only thing other than Sunday Services, is our corporate prayer meeting with our family that comes from Faith Methodist Church. Even in the prayer meetings...this is the policy...no other agenda..but His ..only His !

So let God be God !

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS