Go therefore

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Restoran Daun Emas (Gold Leaf)

Restoran Daun Emas (Gold Leaf)
18/1/17


My second food post. By the way, just a disclaimer from here on. Taste is subjective and what I like may not be what you like. I am just sharing my own experiences only.ohh and I do not earn of gain anything from this posts.So here goes post number 2...

Gold Leaf Restaurant  in Taman Perling, JB was introduced to my wife and I many years ago by a Pastor friend where we used to worked. Back then I if I remember correctly, my wife was expecting our first baby who is today a teenager. Wow time flies.

Back to the food. Gold Leaf has been a family favourite when we want to eat "zhi-char" that is nearby, satisfying and with reasonably prices. Honestly we go because this is one place that most times, the portions are good and not stingy.

Located at the corner of Jalan Simbang in Taman Perling in Johor Bahru, parking is easy and plenty. If you go early, food arrives quickly. However if they have lots of customers, prepare to wait but its ok as their sea coconut longan juice is refreshing too.

This time around we ordered three dishes. Dish #1 was the sweet sour pork. This has been my favourite dish anywhere since young. Whenever I have economy rice, sweet sour pork will always be on my plate and my boys love it too. Can't go wrong. Crunchy and tasty. However the pineapples were not ripe. 


]Dish #2 was the Japanese Egg Tofu on a Steel Plate ..Hahaha I don't know whats the name in english. In mandarin translate literally is iron plate tofu. The iron plate, was laid with a fried scrambled egg and topped with the japanese tofu with minced meat sauce. This was gobbled up by my son. Everytime I wanted to take a piece, I seem to see it disappearing faster than my spoon could reach the dish. Must be yummy.

Finally is dish #3 Sambal Kangkung with Stink beans (petai). What can I say, we need out veggies. So have it spicy with yummy umami sambal belacan and added stink beans. Stink beans good to lower blood cholesterol.Yeah right..it taste good.

The bill came up to less than RM50 including drinks. Another satisfying meal at Gold Leaf.

enjoy
Regards
Edwin Koh Boon Leng
 18/1/17 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS