Go therefore

Thursday, December 8, 2011

What can I do with so little ?

WHAT CAN I DO WITH SO LITTLE ?
Word of Life is a fairly young church with handful of worshippers. I used to struggle  wondering early on what could we do with so "little" but struggles are aplenty..We struggled with paying the electric and water bills. Don't even talk about rental. But by God's grace, we've always made it..However pioneering a Church is more than paying bills..it is winning souls and edifying the lives in God's house. What can we do with so little ? 
When I started believing and stepping out, quite alot actually ! Faith in Him takes you there !
Let me share one example with you. We've been going to minister and bless an orphanage in Johor Bahru. With Christmas around the corner, God just moved my heart to meet their needs to bless them. When God said that, I was wondering what can we do ? Looking at the children, God gave me the idea of a Christmas Gifts Box. But the greatest fear I had, what if nobody fulfills the wishes, then we will be left with kids with no gifts..These kids at the home are precious already. So I challenged myself to dig deep and pray hard. 
God gave me this verse to hang on. 
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.
(Psalms 58:5)
Since then till today, people from all walks of life, people that are not even in Word of Life. People that are not even in Malaysia. They have committed themselves to buy the gifts for the children. Recently, we've just received 2 MP3s from USA ! PRaise GOd ! God told me this, "my world is greater than your small narrow world". When God moves, He calls on all corners of His universe to do great great stuff !. 

Word of Life Church although not many people yet, but the testimonies are tremendous itself. Can you imagine, when we first started..I nearly died being electrocuted..God saved me..gave me a word "Tsunami"..and that alone spurred me forward. When we moved into Bukit Indah, we had no money, no electricity, no grills, no water..nothing ! YET people just came and worship on Sundays. Funny thing is..every Saturday night..it would rain..and Sunday morning would not be so hot. 
The other worry I had initially, because we had no grills or gate to close our premise. We were concerned that people would just come in and take all our sound equipment and stuff. But we found out, every night, someone would sleep on the stairwell leading to our sanctuary. It was a vagrant. We would find beer bottles there too..but every night, Church was secure ! It's God's angels to me !
And there's sooooo much more to tell ! ...If you look at the numbers in the church, you would be dissapointed..but when you look to God and listen..you will see amazing stuff happening all around you.
When you use the easy way out in solving every problem, you won't discover your purpose in life...stop depending on Money and other comfort zones ..depend on God and STEP OUT !
 Having no money to solve every problem is a blessing most of the time..Think abit more, squeeze that God given creativity..see who is with you..ALOT can be done...best of all..callings are discovered like that.
 If God called you, He would already have equipped you..All you need to accomplish the task, is rely on what you already have and who is already with you...No need always spend money..use faith instead !
PRay alot, Depend on God with your life...feed of God's Word..and never leave His presence. You'll be fine.
Luv Edwin Koh

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ps.Edwin

    Wishing You & Everyone At Word of Life Church
    A Merry Christmas & Blessed New Year!

    God Will Bless Your Church Abundantly in the coming years.
    HE will bless the faithfuls.Focus on God in all situations.

    Regards,

    Paul Hata,Chairman
    British Academics
    British College International

    ReplyDelete

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS