Go therefore

Monday, April 12, 2010

Until You have Prayed

Until You have Prayed

Jeremiah 33:3 (New Living Translation)

3 Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come. 

Daniel 11:32 (New King James Version)

32 Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.

Every exploit and every thing we step out to do, make sure it is covered with prayer. This is the one thing alot of people struggle with as prayer is Spirit and effort and methods are fleshly. However when we pray, mountains are moved and the impossible becomes possible.

This is because we step into our position in CHrist and our hope of glory is in Christ. Its is not that we are weak and incapable..so we hide in prayer. Sure there are people with problems often find solace and refuge in prayer..It is usually the meek not weak that find strength to restrain our fleshly desires and choose to be led God come through for us. They that put their trust in Him, will never be put to shame. Waiting time is not wasted time.

When we pray, we know who He is and those daily encounters with Him shud never be rushed. Don't just end your prayer time just because you have nothing more to say. Linger more and more in God's presence.  

I discovered the importance of prayer and the power it releases when I was a very young Christian. Don't know much about the Bible then...don't even know the right words to say or pray with. I had an excruciating pain on the left side of my face. Initially thought it was a toothache. So went to a dentist to get the tooth out. After X-rays, it was not tooth problem..but infected sinuses. Was given antibiotics and a weeks rest to overcome.

However the pain was terrible..could not sleep at all. I was watching a Christian program on TV..it was a lady called Maralyn Hickey on TV..She shared that she was sick one day and she had to preach. So she prayed every hour in that day..God healed her. So not knowing anything..I "prayed"..ask God to heal me like He did for her. So every hour of the day, I would pray for 15-20 minutes. Later in the evening, I went to pray..Thank God I found a scripture in Psalms 103 to "remind" God of His promises. 

Started by singing a praise song..then felt I needed to put my hands on my cheek. The moment I did that and kept on praying..felt a warm sensation fill my body. When that experience ended, the pain was totally gone ! WOW ! Hallelujah ! That was the start of a great adventure with God. Till today, He has never failed..He is always on time.

Today I am praying for a RM12,000 miracle to pay off all our past dues because of the church work of the past. Need to clear it ..Believing God for it. He will do it ! 

Oh year one more thing...when you don't know what to do or what decision to make...pray until God speaks (Rhema) to you..Don't move on logos (written word) alone. Because whenever we ask God for directions and confirmations..I tell you all kinds of voices will be heard. Suddenly everybody wants to employ you and use you. Don't budge until you hear His voice and have peace in heart. If there are questions in your heart regarding a certain direction..its probably the Holy Spirit telling you to think it thru somemore or stop. Wait ! When God speaks...Rhema..wait for Him to move you and do it for you. (Read Nehemiah 9). Possess the best not the good.

I will share more of this later on !

Pray..and if you can fast too. Prayer is like turning on the tap and revival bursting forth !

Call on His name today !

Luv 
Edwin

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of Man

  What does it mean that Jesus was the light of man? I asked God yesterday (21/1/21).  There is only 2 points to interpret Scripture as fou...

YOU NEED JESUS